Mathew's wife, Mary Elizabeth, died in January of 1870. Family "story" has been that she got sick and left her home in Beaver, Beaver County, Utah, and went to go stay with her parents in Moroni, Sanpete County, Utah. I have always been told that she died in Moroni while staying at her parent's house.
The other night I found the 1870 Mortality Schedule where Mary was recorded. Although I had always been told she died in Moroni, I actually found her in the Mortality Schedule in Beaver, Beaver County, Utah.
I eventually found Mathew and his children, living in Beaver, Beaver County, Utah. It is understandable why they could not be found on either website's census databases using the index. Both of the images are horrible quality and you can barely read the names.
- Matthew Ivory, , male, [occupation unreadable], $100 personal property, $150 real estate value, born in [Pennsylvania]
- George W. Ivory, 12, male, at home, born in Illinois
- Reuben Ivory, 10, male, at home, born in Illinois
- Linus B. Ivory, [age unreadable], male, at home, born in Utah
- Isaac E. Ivory, [age unreadable], male, born in Utah
- Martha Ivory, [age unreadable], female, born in Utah
- Mary A. Ivory, 6, female, born in Utah
- Frederick Ivory, 2, male, born in Utah